Our vacation without kids to Kauai, Hawaii was a blast! We had so much fun and it was so nice to catch up on sleep and spend quality time together. But now, it’s good to be home and finally back into our routines. I have come back home feeling rejuvenated and ready for some positive changes. Being away from the kids and missing them more than ever has helped me reflect upon being a parent and has made me want to set some simple goals for myself this month.
• Goal #1 is to spend more time with them on an individual level. It doesn’t happen very often that I get one child without the other, so I am going to seek out these opportunities and soak them up in the moment.
• Goal #2 is to slow down, then get down on their level and play with them more often, without any distractions. I want to unplug from all electronics and just sit and give them all of my attention.
• Goal #3 is to do more yoga with the kids. I do a lot with them already, but I want to do it more! I used to set a time aside with the kids to do yoga and I am going to get back on it. This will help them to know when it is coming and know what to expect.
• Goal #4 is to simplify. I want to do more yoga in a simple way. Sometimes I get hooked on the idea that it has to be this grand routine with the kids, but in reality, just a pose here and a pose there is enough!
• Goal #5 is to listen more. Even though my kids are still little and our verbal communication is very limited right now, there are still times where they are trying to communicate to me and I don't understand, so we all end up frustrated. I want to try and avoid this frustration and find ways to listen before the miscommunication happens.